The fee remission scheme is for families who need financial assistance to cover tuition fees or specific activity fees. Students applying for this scheme must maintain a satisfactory standard in both academic performance and pastoral report.
The completed form, together with all necessary documents, must be returned to the school office by hand on or before 2nd June, 2017. All applications will be assessed by the school and the Fee Remission Committee, and the results will be released in the late of August 2017.
A. Eligibility for Fee Remission
The applicant must be a parent or legal guardian of a student who is currently studying at Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau School.
B. Fee Remission Level
There are five levels of fee remission for the school year. The details are as follows:
|Maximum Fee Remission %
||Annual Family Income (HK$)
||Family up to 3 persons
||Family of 4 persons
||Family of 5 persons or above
||0 – 210,000
||0 – 320,000
||0 – 420,000
||210,001 – 310,000
||320,001 – 410,000
||420,001 – 512,000
||310,001 – 410,000
||410,001 – 510,000
||512,001 – 600,000
||410,001 – 500,000
||510,001 – 600,000
||600,001 – 700,000
||500,001 – 600,000
||600,001 – 700,000
||700,001 – 800,000
C. Method of Assessment
- If the total assets (the value of the living property is not included; but the value of other properties or savings and fixed deposits, shares and stocks, fixed assets, etc are included) of the applicant and the spouse exceed $500,000 they will be ineligible for the fee remission schemes. The value of assets is defined as the sum of net positive value of each individual asset (gross asset value less related outstanding liabilities).
- Those who are already receiving education allowances or financial assistance will not qualify for the fee remission scheme.
- “Family members” normally refer to the applicant, his/her spouse, unmarried children and dependent parents residing with the family.
- “Annual Family Income” includes the annual income of the applicant and his/her spouse, 30% of the annual income of unmarried children residing with the family, contributions from other children and relatives/friends, and other incomes if applicable (Refer to Appendix I: Items of Family Income).
- The school has the final decision on the eligibility and the level of financial assistance for each application.
D. Application Procedure
- Applications for fee remission have to be made annually so that the changing financial position of a family can be taken into account.
- All required documents should be attached to the application form (Refer to Appendix II: Supporting Documents Required) and submitted in person on or before 2nd June, 2017. Those who have not submitted all required documents by the deadline will be assumed to have withdrawn their applications.
- Late submissions of applications will not be accepted.
- The applicant is obligated to complete the application form fully and accurately. Any misrepresentation or omission on the application form may cause disqualification of the applicant, delay of the application procedures, or repayment of the full amount of fee remission awarded.
- The school will verify all the applications received. If necessary, the applicants will be required to attend an interview.
E. Release of Results
Each applicant will be notified of the results in writing in the mid-August 2017.
F. Documents to be submitted
Refer to Appendix II: Supporting Documents Required.