Fee Remission Scheme
The fee remission scheme is for families who need financial assistance to cover tuition fees or specific activity fees. Students applying for this scheme must maintain a satisfactory standard in both academic performance and pastoral report.
The completed form, together with all necessary documents, must be returned to the school office by hand on or before 10th May, 2022. All applications will be assessed by the school and the Fee Remission Committee, and the results will be released in early August 2022. (申請表格及所需文件須於2022年5月10日或之前親身交回校務處，由校方及獎助學金委員會審核，申請結果將於2022年8月初公佈。)
A. Eligibility for Fee Remission
The applicant must be a parent or legal guardian of a student who will study at Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau School (2022-2023).
B. Fee Remission Level
There are five levels of fee remission for the school year. The details are as follows:
|Maximum Fee Remission %||Annual Family Income (HK$)|
|Family up to 3 persons||Family up to 4 persons||Family of 5 persons or above|
|100%||0 – 246,259||0 – 363,524||0 – 480,790|
|80%||246,260 – 363,524||363,525 – 480,790||480,791 – 586,328|
|60%||363,525 – 480,790||480,791 – 586,328||586,329 – 703,593|
|40%||480,791 – 586,328||586,329 – 703,593||703,594 – 820,859|
|20%||586,329 – 703,593||703,594 – 820,859||820,860 – 938,124|
|0%||Above 703,593||Above 820,859||Above 938,124|
C. Method of Assessment
- If the total assets (the value of the living property is not included; but the value of other properties or savings and fixed deposits, shares and stocks, fixed assets, etc are included) of the applicant and the spouse exceed $500,000 they will be ineligible for the fee remission schemes. The value of assets is defined as the sum of net positive value of each individual asset (gross asset value less related outstanding liabilities).
- Those who are already receiving education allowances or financial assistance must state so on the application form as this will be taken into account when assessing fee remission applications.
- “Family members” normally refer to the applicant, his/her spouse, unmarried children and dependent parents residing with the family.
- “Annual Family Income” includes the annual income of the applicant and his/her spouse, the annual income of unmarried children residing with the family, contributions from other children and relatives/friends, and other incomes if applicable. (Please refer to Appendix I: Items of Family Income)
- The school has the final decision on the eligibility and the level of financial assistance for each application.
D. Application Procedure
- Applications for fee remission have to be made annually so that the changing financial position of a family can be taken into account.
- All required documents should be attached to the application form and submitted in person on or before 10th May, 2022. Those who have not submitted all required documents by the deadline will be assumed to have withdrawn their applications.
- Late submissions of applications will not be accepted.
- The applicant is obligated to complete the application form fully and accurately. Any misrepresentation or omission on the application form may cause disqualification of the applicant, delay of the application procedures, or repayment of the full amount of fee remission awarded.
- The school will verify all the applications received. If necessary, the applicants will be required to attend an interview.
E. Release of Results
Each applicant will be notified of the results in writing in early August 2022.