The University Guidance Centre (UGC) provides guidance and support on post-secondary educational opportunities and planning. In line with the School’s philosophy, UGC aims to assist students with exploring their interests and learning pathway. The UGC also provides additional information to students and their families so that decisions for the transition from PLK Choi Kai Yau School can be made in the best interests of students.
Parents and students are welcome to schedule individual consultations with our UGC counsellors.
- Ms. Jenny Chong – Designated Head Principal and Head of Academics
- Ms. Christina Wang – University Guidance Counsellor
- Ms. Lana Miskulin – University Guidance Counsellor
- Mr. Calvin Lui – University Guidance Counsellor
We welcome visiting representatives from universities for presentations about individual universities and mini-fairs. The best time to visit us and meet with our students are Monday to Friday at 12:00 nn – 12:45 pm (lunch session) or 4 – 5 pm (after school). If you would like to schedule a visit, please email us at email@example.com. In the meantime, you can learn more about CKY by downloading the latest School Profile.
Update: Due to COVID-19, we are unable to arrange any on-campus visits for university visitors at the moment. Therefore, all university information sessions and fairs will be held virtually.
Higher Education Destinations
Members of the Class of 2020 have accepted offers to study at universities at six (6) different countries around the world such as University of Cambridge, London School of Economics and Political Science, Imperial College London, University College London, University of California – Berkeley, The New School (Parsons School of Design), University of British Columbia University College Dublin, Australian National University, University of Hong Kong, and the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology to study a range of subjects in healthcare, law, business, arts, engineering, science and social sciences. For details, please download the University Destinations for the Class of 2020
University and Career Counseling
- – Individual counseling with students and parents on academic choices as they relate to career planning
- – Counsel students and families on applying both local and overseas post-secondary institutions
- – Support students in preparation and submission of applications
- – Coordinate and prepare school testimonials and references
Workshops and Events
- – University Application Seminars
- – Interview Workshops
- – Personal Statement Workshops
- – University Information Sessions
- – Careers Exploration Series
- – UCAS Workshops
- – Careers Day
- – University Fair